REACH EXPERTISE AND TRAINING
ATOUT REACH: tailor-made and integrated support for all the issues you may encounter on REACH
THE REACH regulation
REACH stands for “Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals”. This regulation came into force on June 1, 2007, and aims to better protect human health and the environment against the risks associated with chemical substances.
REACH sets regulatory obligations aimed at collecting and evaluating information on the properties and dangers of substances:
- As a first step, companies must "register" their substances; to do this, they must collaborate with other companies that register the same substances. Several registration deadlines were planned, the last in May 2018 (1-100t / year).
- ECHA receives individual registrations and assesses compliance, and then EU Member States assess certain substances to address concerns about human health or the environment. ECHA's authorities and scientific committees determine whether the risks of the substances are managed and whether the use is safe.
- A dangerous substance can be banned by the authorities if the risks it presents cannot be controlled. Authorities can also decide to restrict a specific use or subject it to prior authorization in order to use it.
ATOUT REACH was created to support companies in all sectors in the implementation of REACH. For more than 10 years, our regulatory experts (HSE engineers, doctor toxicologists and ecotoxicologists) train you, audit you, advise you on the most suitable compliance strategy. They also coordinate the completion of your registration files and support you until the assessment follow-up and during inspections by the authorities.
> REACH registration
- Practical training on the REACH regulation and the use of IUCLID 6, REACH-IT, CHESAR software
- Strategic audit for compliance adapted to your company and budget for the procedures
- Quality audit of REACH dossiers
- Registration (datagap, laboratory monitoring, compilation of your data under IUCLID 6 and submission of the registration dossier (spouse and member))
- Risk Assessment, Toxicology, Ecotoxicology, Safety Report (CSR)
- Taking on the role of Tier Representative (TPR) or Exclusive Representative (OR)
- Support for the assessment by the authorities (CoRAP, Compliance check, Technical Completness Check, PBT / PE Assessment)
- Update of REACH registrations (in connection with the quality of the dossiers)
- Management of letters of access (LoA) for REACH registration dossiers
> communication in the supply chain
- Creation, analysis and updating of SDS / SDSs (eSDS) for substances / mixtures
- Hazardousness estimate, descriptors (DNEL / PNEC) and CLP classifications
- Suitability for the exposure scenario, "sector use maps"
- Development of exposure scenarios / risk assessment in the case of specific uses
> alert search / screening
Analysis of a product portfolio in order to:
- Identify endocrine disruptors
- Identify substances of very high concern (SVHC)
- Anticipate regulatory changes
- Identify nanomaterials
> SVHC traceability
- Substance of Very High Concern (SVHC) traceability
- Training on obligations and management of article compliance in REACH
- Collection of data from suppliers on the presence of SVHC at more than 0.1% in articles.
- Notification to ECHA / SCIP database
> personalized support and audits
- Study of the possibilities of exemptions from REACH registration
- "Screening": review of the properties of a substance portfolio to anticipate regulatory obligations
- HELPDESK - provision of regulatory experts, toxicologists and ecotoxicologists
- Audit on compliance with Strictly Controlled Conditions for the use of reaction intermediates
- Sharing of costs and data (letters of access, SIEF / consortium management)
- Regulatory compliance audit
Worldwide chemical legislation and "REACH-like"
Most developed countries have legislation in place to manage chemical risks, to name a few: TURKEY (KKDIK), SOUTH KOREA (K-REACH), United Kingdom (Brexit, UK- REACH), SWITZERLAND, INDIA, CHINA, UNITED STATES, VIETNAM, ARGENTINA, BRAZIL, AUSTRALIA (AICIS), CANADA, CHILE, COLOMBIA, EURASIAN ECONOMIC UNION (EUE) and RUSSIA, INDONESIA, JAPON, KENYA, MALAYSIA, PHILIPPINES, SINGAPORE, SOUTH AFRICA, TAIWAN, THAILAND.
In some cases these are inspired by the European REACH regulation, other times they are quite far from it. ATOUT REACH has mapped out the legislation in force, trains and supports companies in their export compliance.
ATOUT REACH has been supporting companies in all industrial sectors for more than 10 years in implementing this regulation. We closely monitor technical, scientific and regulatory developments in order to produce files according to the best quality standards. We are continuously innovating in order to offer services and training that meet needs with user-friendliness.
Aware of the complexity of these regulations, we offer a free and non-binding audit of your obligations. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org: our experts will get back to you quickly!